How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know I messed up trusting in the banks. Now my big

Customer Question

I know I messed up trusting in the banks. Now my big question is: I filed a claim with the ATG because I was able to prove I was out of town june 20 2005 so shell point sent the ATG a document I never seen before, Agreement of repayment plan, signed in
2006 I never even seen it before. The signature page (Last page) is from what I actually signed in 2006. I signed a Good Faith Agreement in 2006, I would continue to make payments in good faith for money they paid out on my behalf and Countrywide admitted
to the signature not being mine, and they agreed to re structure the loan to my agreement and offer new closing docs for my signature. Because shell point offered a fraudulent doc to the ATG does that give me cause of action to fight unlawful detainer and
start a new statute of fraud against shellpoint and Bank of New York. Washington statute states if any fraud on lenders side all is void and vacated, is this true?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Based only on what you have posted, this sounds as if it is a case of predatory lending - you should look into hiring a lawyer as most attorneys that specialize in this type of litigation will take on these cases (at least those with merit) on a contingency basis - meaning they will advance their services and costs of litigation in exchange for a portion of your recovery (so you can sue the bank, either as part of your bankruptcy in an adversary proceeding, or outside of your bankruptcy in state court, without paying out of pocket).Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and again, many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment). You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).Read more:

Related Real Estate Law Questions