Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Landlord lied about square feet rental space, what can I d…

Customer Question
Landlord lied about square feet...
Landlord lied about square feet rental space, what can I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/21/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer
You can demand a percentage reduction in the rent consistent with the percentage difference in square feet, and if the landlord refuses, you can sue for misrepresentation, and either get an order forcing the landlord to reduce the rent, or pay the difference in damages, or you can terminate the lease, and get damages for the cost of relocating to a more suitable property.
I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using justanswer.com!