Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in a Habitat house. My home and my neighbors

Customer Question
I live in a Habitat...
I live in a Habitat for Humanity house. My home and my neighbors home were built at the same time. My house was not properly ventilated and the wrong windows were installed leaving me with mold growing on the sills. My deck is heaving so much water runs into my house destroying the wall and floors. The wrong leach field was put in and is now being replaced but they are putting the cost at the end of my mortgage. They are replacing my neighbors windows at no cost and redoing her venting system. Should they be responsible for mine also?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/20/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
"They are replacing my neighbors windows at no cost and redoing her venting system. Should they be responsible for mine also?"
Is they Habitat for Humanity?
Tina, Lawyer