Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In the state of WI, if an inspection comes back with many issues…

Customer Question
In the state of WI...
In the state of WI, if an inspection comes back with many issues to fix, is this the time to walk away from the offer?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
I should have said, "can I walk away from the offer"?
5/20/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
That depends upon the wording of the contract. Do you have that wording of the inspection contingency?
where would i find that? in the original offer?
In the contract, although the offer that comes back signed by the seller would then constitute a contract. It would be a section that spells out the inspection rights and what happens if there are issues with that
ok, trying to get the electronic version open.
Just let me know when you get it. Thanks.
i will
Thank you. You don't need to respond until you actually are ready to let me know that information. Otherwise it locks the question to me and I have to respond. Thanks.