Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My home was sold by my HOA at a foreclosure auction almost

Customer Question
a year ago. I vacated...
My home was sold by my HOA at a foreclosure auction almost a year ago. I vacated the property and the new owners got title. Now, Wells Fargo is filing for foreclosure...on the house that I don't own. They are meeting with the new owners in Florida at Broward County court. Do I need to attend? I no longer own or live in the home, or even in the state...I live in Vancouver, WA.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/20/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: J. Warren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:
(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and
(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
Sorry you are dealing with this. It would be in your best interest if you can not physically attend the meeting to request that either you may appear at the meeting by telephone or other means (i.e. skype) or to have a local attorney appear on your behalf. In addition, if you can do so financially, I would recommend you retain local counsel in the County where the foreclosure is occurring. Regardless of the HOA foreclosure, there is still a promissory note that occurred for the loan and that bank could decide to sue under the terms of that note even though it may not have the security in the real property anymore.
All my best & encouragement.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. If, for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
J. Warren
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer