How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to terminate my lease. There is a rodent problem

Customer Question

I would like to terminate my lease. There is a rodent problem and they are chasing my PTSD Service dog.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
While a rodent problem is sufficient to terminate a lease in many instances, in order to lock in your legal right to have the property deemed uninhabitable, you must first give written notice to the landlord of the rodent problem and give the landlord an opportunity to call in professional pest control to eradicate the rodent problem. Only of they will not call in the pest control company, or if the pest control company is unable to rid your home of the rodents, would you have a solid legal basis to terminate your lease agreement early.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,