Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am a seller and the buyer backed out with bogus inspection…

Customer Question
I am a seller and...
I am a seller and the buyer backed out with bogus inspection claim and wants to terminate, had his lawyer send me note to sign his earnest money back to him immediately. what are my options? I am in Hamiltion Co. Cincinnati, OH
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/19/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Did the purchase contract have an inspection contingency that allowed the buyer to terminate for any reason after an inspection?
.
What do you mean by a bogus inspection claim?
.
Is the report falsified or are you disputing the noted problems in the report?
.
.
thanks