Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

MORTGAGE COMPANY SAYS MY TAXES WENT UP TO OVER $10000.OO THIS

Customer Question

MORTGAGE COMPANY SAYS MY TAXES WENT UP TO OVER $10000.OO THIS YEAR. TAX ASSESSOR'S OFFICE HAS PRINT OUT SHOWING ACTUAL AMOUNT IS LESS THAN $6000.00. MORTGAGE COMPANY RAISED PAYMENT OVER $500 AND WILL NOT LOWER IT EVEN WWITH THE PROOF. iS THIS LEGAL?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! My name is***** am a licensed attorney. I have assisted hundreds of others with their legal questions. I am happy to help you!
What did the mortgage company say in response to the proof?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They said they would review the case and respond within 5 days, that was 28 Apr 2015. An escrow analysis was requested since they said they had received 2 bills, one from the city and one from the county. They were told that was not correct, there is only one bill from County Appraisal District. All of the information was faxed to Ocwen. They were contacted again and said the same thing again today when they were called. The person today said he sees where they had made a double payment on the taxes. This was NOT mentioned last month.
So the are still looking into it and have not denied it, right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They just said that it would take 5 days and we never got a reply. Notice of payment due again for - Jun at the higher rate and told again it would take another 5 days.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They said last month that the higher payment stands ehile they "look into the matter.
i would call again later this week or early next week to monitor the progress. If nothing is happening, you would want to give a written "final notice," or "demand," that if the issue is not resolved you will seek judicial intervention. We can discuss more if you want.