How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 30356
Experience:  JA Mentor
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the divorce decree it states such poperty shall be placed

Customer Question

in the divorce decree it states such poperty shall be placed by respondent [me] in c are of a licensed real estate person for purpose of selling sid lot. does that give me the power of attorney to the sale?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
No, that's not the same as a power of attorney. A power of attorney is a document signed by the other spouse which says that they give you full authority to act on their behalf with regard to selling the property, including hiring a realtor, accepting an offer, and signing the closing documents.
It's a fairly simple document, and any real estate lawyer you had working with you to sell the house could draw it up for you, probably as part of the flat rate or for a minimal extra charge. The judge could order the other person to sign if they won't do it voluntarily.
If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply without rating so I may address them. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.