How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a in ground pool put in my yard in late 2013, at the

Customer Question

I had a in ground pool put in my yard in late 2013, at the cost of $38,000! Included a spa. Had one good year with it 2014 then the spa had a leak. The developer fixed it. Then the pool started leaking late 2014 through present. The developer told me to let it leak so he could estimate where the leak is. So it got to 1 ft deep and he told me to fill it and then we'd have to heat it so he could go down to bottom to find leak. This was a month ago. So I have had to add water every 4-6 days. Someone dropped off 6 bags of salt (its a salt pool)I sent the developer a message: did he have it delivered? His response "NO" So I have called him numerous times leaving messages and he wont respond..I ask him when he was going to fix, NO response. I spent the last of my savings trying to have something nice for my grandkids and can't afford a lawyer. Can you helme?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
You are only obligated to give your developer an opportunity to make the repairs.
As he seems reluctant to do so, you will want to hire a [pool leak expert to do an inspection and find out where the leak is coming from, why at this early stage in the age of the pool and to give you a written estimate to make the repairs.
Then take the estimate and sue your developer in small claims court. You won't need an attorney and you should have little trouble in winning the case with the repair estimate by the professional.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Related Real Estate Law Questions