How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An uncle placed a deed of trust on a inherited property my

Customer Question

An uncle placed a deed of trust on a inherited property my mother has owned for about 27 years. The dot was for about $300 in 1989 he suppostled paid in taxes I don't think there is any promisary note and my mom just wants to sell and has the property under contract but he will not tell us the amt of his lien. Is this valid ? Is the filing of a deed for taxes without a promisary note fraud? How can we get him out of the way ?  He is a a real pain.  The invalid trust he had filed with respect to the property was finalized by forced mediation after 10 years.  He was threatened at the mediation with contempt of court and a night in jail and finally settled.   Basically he is a real _____ you pick the word.   He is in California.  The shell company that has the lien is a permentantly in registered corp in Nevada.    Is this fraud.   Would a dtpa against the corp and him do any good ?

Meant to say Nevada corp is a delisted corp with state

Also mother is 87 years old and property at most worth 50k

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
What state is the property in? How is it that forced mediation occurred and you say he "finally settled". How could it be settled without him re-conveying the property and satisfying the DOT? Do you have any paperwork /court judgment etc.…to support the fact that the debt was settled? What does depa stand for?