Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I refurbished a mobile home in 2013 in texas,the title was

Customer Question

I refurbished a mobile home in 2013 in texas,the title was never in my name .we had the gentleman sign a Bill of sale with the couple we found to purchase the home.all lot rents and refurbished cost came out of my pocket.The couple that bought the home didn't transfer over right away.taxes for 2014 were paid by the original owner who had signed the Bill of sale.The couple have now change the title and taxes over and want to pay him back for the taxes he played.he's is not answering and wants to sue because he stating that I forced him to signed the Bill of sale.we have copies of all paperwork and notary receipts,lot rent and refurb receipt.I believe he is doing this now ,cause I'm the manager of this community and we had to give him a 60 day notice to vacate due to his tenants causing problems in the community,does he have a case or can counter sue for the issues he is causing me with my job and family .he has also said he would sue my corporation.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Whether or not he has a case would be determined by the review of ALL documents relating to the sale and circumstances under which the bill of sale was signed. I cannot make this determination by your post here. Nonetheless, if he does file lawsuit against you and your corporation, you can file countersuit against him.