How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3675
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I consultant you this past week regarding a question on

Customer Question

I consultant you this past week regarding a question on re-letting of a lease in Philadelphia on my daughters apartment in Philadelphia PA. I have since had to retain an attorney. Their attorney, corporate attorney is stating that they need to know the
section or article of where it is listed in Pennsylvania that it is illegal for them to charge this 85% reletting fee. I'm hoping because I asked you got the response, and paid for your service, That you can refer me to where I would find this information
or provide it for me. Time is of essence please contact me at your earliest convenience thank you, Debra
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
I suggest that your lawyer should do his own research and not rely on mine, because he is doing the work for you and cannot rely on another lawyer and then charge you for the work. He should be knowledgeable and know how to find this information, and I wish you all the best. I think perhaps you should change to another lawyer if this is the approach he is taking with you. Please find another lawyer who is competent and can win this case for you. I do not want to see you lose because you seem like such a good guy and this is an injustice to you.
Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In other words, I paid YOU for a service and you made a statement that is incorrect? You are a real estate lawyer, he does not specialize such as yourself; the company's corporate attorney said no such law exists, therefore going back to the resource is the easiest way for one to verify this truth. Thank you
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
I recommend you have a Philadelphia real estate lawyer handle the matter for you. Good luck. All the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like a full refund for the fee I paid to you for providing me with information that you cannot back up with a law that apparently does not exist. In addition, you have decided to push the responsibility onto another attorney when I flat out asked: " does this mean it is illegal...," and your reply was yes. There is nothing any one can find to substantiate this statement and since you are refusing to do so, I feel you had misled me to engage in a legal battle that has no bearing. To tell me to find another lawyer in Philadelphia and that the attorney I hired is incompetent is completely ignoring the legal advice I paid for. I'm sure that this makes complete sense to any reasonable professional. I am very disappointed and feel I was mislead by your advice. Kindly refund my fees.I thank you in advance .Very Truly Yours,*****
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
OK, No problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Please let me know when you have done so . As I'm sure you can imagine , I'm putting out money left and right and I'm. Not in a position to do so. Every time I pay an attorney it appears they have the knowledge and then retract. If this is the legal standpoint
For citizens ..... Then no wonder why this justice system doesn't work!???? I mean no disrespect, however paying experts for the "knowledge " and having no one back up their statement is un-nervong . Perhaps you undrrstand??
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.