How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 38167
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have purchased a mobile home in Indiana that my nephew lives

Customer Question

I have purchased a mobile home in Indiana that my nephew lives in. We live in Kentucky. What do we need to do to transfer title from the people we purchased it from?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do what I can to help..In Indiana, like KY a mobile home is considered personal property , just like a car and has a title to is showing who is the legal owner. So the seller of the mobile home would need to take the title to the County Treasurer's office and apply for a Mobile Home Transfer Permit and make sure that all taxes have been paid on it. .Upon receipt of the Mobile Home Title Transfer from the County Treasurer's Office it must be taken along with the title to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles for the transfer of the title..If you are planning on moving it to KY, you would have to get a permit from the County Treasurer to move it and the have it titled in KY within 15 days of it reaching KY. According to the County Clerk's office:.The following documents and information are required:Original Copy of Out-of-state title-photocopy or fax is not acceptableApplication for Kentucky Certificate/Registration (TC96-182) must be completed. Form must be signed by seller and buyer and notarized.Kentucky Fire Marshall’s Inspection-Contact ***-***-**** for information.All liens must be satisfied before transferring a mobile home. A termination statement must be completed by the financial institution and signed, then submitted to the clerk..thanksBarrister