How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3686
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believed I have a case agaist the president of my hoa the

Customer Question

I believed I have a case agaist the president of my hoa the secretary and three other owners. I was called for an arbitration where I was verbally attacked by one the arbitration owners and the president of the association was very aggressive with me to the point of threats. I was bullied and call discounting, greedy and discriminated agaist because my house guest means of transportation is a bicycle and the buss.
The by laws stayed that I could no rent a room in the house. I did I had it listed in a website. I rented the room once and her I my family became very good friends. The HOA found out and WHR they send me the letter pointing out the rules and regulations a took down the listing and did not rented again. My friend came back and the assume that she was renting again. I ask for a meeting to show them proof of our friendship and to let them know that she was not renting.
The did not want hear it. The verbar attacks started and the all jumped in. I had no chance. The abused me and attacked my character. I have never felt discriminated against since I have been in this country. I'm very upset and hurt by everything these people said to me.
I am being fine $1000 and I am afreid I can bring guests to my own house.
By the way this is a 55 + community and it is my mother's home.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
The other thing you can do is transfer the property to the three of you, i.e., you and your two sons as "Joint Tenants with Rights of Survivorship." That way, all three of you have an undivided one third interest in the property, and when you pass, the title will automatically go to your two sons together. That seems to be the best way around the rezoning problem and an immediate fix that will work. Good luck to you. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. I wish you all the best.