How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42175
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I make sure I'm not responsible delinquent

Customer Question

How can I make sure I'm not responsible for prior delinquent assessments on a foreclosed house I am purchasing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
If this is a conventional purchase from a seller you would require a title policy.The title company verifies the taxes are paid, no assessments are pending, no liens/judgments, no encroachments or other title problems.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
And the title company then insures title such that if you were to have problems they are liable to pay the claims.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Overall a title policy and the title company researching this with all the right entities is your best protection here.It give you peace of mind here. I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Take care.