How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27200
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to redeem my property taxes that sold at tax sale

Customer Question

I am trying to redeem my property taxes that sold at tax sale !
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. What county was the property located in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the USA Chicago Il
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 years ago.
If your taxes have been sold, you should immediately obtain an Estimate of the Cost of Redemption. This is a calculation of the amount you need to pay to redeem the sale and remove the threat of loss of the property.Once you obtain the estimate, verify that it is for the correct PIN (property index number, also known as a permanent real estate index number).Verify the PIN with the legal description on your deed to confirm you have identified the correct property. If you need assistance with reading the legal description, please visit the Real Estate and Tax Services Division, Cook County Building, 118 N. Clark Street, Room 434, Chicago, Illinois, where we can assist you with examining official county tax maps. Illinois law requires that redemption tax payments be made by certified or cashier's check, money order or cash. Do not send cash through the mail. Partial payments are not permitted by law, nor are credit cards, debit cards or personal checks.
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Real Estate Law Questions