How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3686
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have property in both Brooke and Hancock counties in West

Customer Question

I have property in both Brooke and Hancock counties in West Virginia. I own both the surface and mineral rights, including Marcellous gas, oil and other minerals. My questions are which I should sell first and how should I sell to maximize my results.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
I suggest you sell the mineral rights first, because gas and oil prices are low at this time and you want to maximize value. You will get a better price for your gas and mineral rights when oil goes above $55 per barrel, which won't be too long ahead. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.