How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  Mediator, part of the Ohio Save the Dream Foreclosure project
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Mom lives in a 120 unit apartment building, where most of

This answer was rated:

My Mom lives in a 120 unit apartment building, where most of the people living in the building are senior citizens.
Question: I would like to know what Federal Government and State of California laws protect Seniors Citizens from being abused.



Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.


Primary responsibility for Elder Abuse is with the State. The federal government provide funding for programs to assist the States in dealing with elder abuse. There are federal laws under the Americans with disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.


Here is a link to the California Elder Abuse Statutes:



Here is a link to the Federal Statutory Authorities:



Please accept my answer with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my response. If you have follow up questions please ask. Please note that paying the deposit does not cause funds to be disbursed until you rate my response (3 or greater).


Jack R. and 9 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you