How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6857
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Neighbor installed water pipe from meter on street across my

This answer was rated:

Neighbor installed water pipe from meter on street across my property to his property without permission.
Other than me removing the pipe, what are legal steps I need to take. Please be specific since I will have to pro se.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

I will put together the information and get back to you shortly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Correction- I did try to trade an easement for a piece of property adjacent to my garage but he refused.

If he will not agree to remove this on his own the procedure would be to file an injunction having the court order him to remove the pipe. The neighbor is trespassing on your property by placing the pipe on your land.

This is a link for sample legal forms


This is a basic overview of the process. We can get into more detail if this is the

route that you would like to take in this matter.


Which County is your property located in?

Attyadvisor and 3 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


I thought an injunction requires an immediate and irreparable harm situation. The pipe has been there for a little over 3 years.


We just recently moved into this house (inherited from father 12 years ago) and have started remodeling etc and we are trying to identify property boundaries, easements, etc.(this is another story).


The property is in Pacific County.


Is an injunction the right thing to do?



That would be the way to have it removed. What do you have in mind and we can figure out how to accomplish it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks - I'll give it a try.

You are welcome.