Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

My aunt died in florida leaving me some 30.000$. My brother

My aunt died in florida leaving me some 30.000$. My brother says that we have to pay some 30% taxes and i can't veleive it. The estate gardian of my aunt want me to fill a IRS W-7 form. I don't mind. I have to fill line a) and h) in wich the ask for reason i demand an execption and the canadian-us tax treaty number. I have read the treaty and it is bla,bla,vla. Do i have to pay taxes of any kind of taxes
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Are you asking for information on U.S. tax?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes my brother think that IRS will take 30% of inheritance and that we maybe can have a refund but, i found no answer to thath on my rechearch on the net

Who is the executor or personal representative of the estate?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Robin Vaquez, trustee at "Estate and guardianship management services, inc

Port-Charlotte florida

The form is required for you to receive the money. Your brother is incorrect.

You will pay no inheritance tax in Florida and no Federal tax.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Taxes-101/What-are-Inheritance-Taxes-/INF14800.html

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Mr Vasquez ask me to fill a IRS W-7 ( Application for IRS individual taxpayer identification number), it souns ok.

Line a:) Nonresident alien required to get ITIN to claim tax treaty benefit

Line f:) Nonresident alien, student, etc. filing a tax return or claiming an exeption (My wife, Aunt niece, studied a few year in california in de 90's

Line h:) Other for line a:) and f:), Treaty country is Canada but what is the treaty article number. I have read the treaty and did not find the infos.

There is no estate tax treaty between the US and Canada.

There is only the income tax treaty Article IV

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p597.pdf