How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7192
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


This answer was rated:

QUESTION SPECIFIC TO CALIFORNIA REAL ESTATE: I bought a house in 2003 in San Jose, California. I need to get the closing statement and the the real estate gain deferral statements for the IRS. The closing was handled by Alliance Title Company in San Jose and the 1031 Exchange was handled by Equity Investment Exchange in San Francisco. Both companies no longer exist. Is there some way of obtaining these documents? All I can find at the County Recorder's Office is a copy of the Deed.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Alliance shut down their operations in California, however, they are still operating in other areas of the Country and were ordered to retain their files. This is a link for the company

Let me see what I can find on Equity Investment Exchange. I will return shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

I show that FirstRex Agreement Corp has taken over for Equity Investment Exchange

Attyadvisor and 2 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you.