Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Connecticut-I am a seller of a Mobile Home. I have a valid

Connecticut-I am a seller of a Mobile Home. I have a valid signed Sales contract to purchase my mobile home through a realtor. The buyer was "rejected" by the mobile home park's Management company based on credit. They are a CASH buyer. The only contingency on the contract is provided they sell their home. Both closings are set on the same date, Oct. 31st (in just 20 days). Therefore, the buyer cannot give me 30 days to back out of the contract. I believe this is the BUYER'S problem to deal with the management company and are still legally and contractually liable to buy my home. Am I correct?

Ray :

Hi and welcome to JA. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the expert that will be assisting you tonight.

Ray :

I would agree with you that the terms of the sales contract control.If the buyer has no out concerning park approval then they are in breach of the contract if they do not close on time.

Ray :

You may need a local lawyer to file such a suit or threaten such a lawsuit.If they bought this without any language about park approval then you are correct that it would be their problem under Connecticut law as a breach of the sales contract.

Customer:

So I should contact a Real Estate or Contract attorney on my behalf? It is a STICKY situation adding that the Realtor represents both me AND the buyer

Customer:

And she is a FRIEND

Ray :

I would use a real estate lawyer.You would advise them that if they do not close you intend to sue for breach of contract.I will get you lawyer referral here..

Customer:

thank you very much!

Ray :

Here is ABA approved referral.

Ray :

New Haven County Bar Association LRS
New Haven, CT
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Counties Served: New Haven, Waterbury, Valley and Shoreline areas

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Fairfield County LRS
Bridgeport, CT
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Counties Served: Fairfield

Hartford County Bar Association LRS
Hartford, CT
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Counties Served: Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, Tolland and Windham

New London County Bar Association LRS
Yantic, CT
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Counties Served: New London

Ray :

You were smart here to get a signed sales contract as it protects you in all of this.

Ray :

I wish you the best in resolving it or a suit of you have too.

Customer:

I am in New Haven County/near Middlesex county though do you have any referring council in those counties? I am in Wallingford 06492 near Meriden 06450 ? Please

Customer:

I am sorry I didn't see the ones listed above

Customer:

Thank you!

Customer:

Your answer solidified my position.

Ray :

The Hartford one above covers Middlesex County too.

Customer:

lastly, can I have the buyer pay the legal fees for his breach of contract?

Ray :

Here is reference about possible damages you can claim in such a suit.And yes your lawyer would seek legal fees here too.

Ray :

Good luck here, thanks for the chance to help tonight.

Customer:

Thank you. I can breathe a little better now.

Ray :

You are so welcome.If you can leave a positive rating it is very much appreciated.

Customer:

giving the TOP one

Ray :

Good evening to you