Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I live in an HOA, have just this year done in home daycare.

my lot is huge 1/2...
I live in an HOA, have just this year done in home daycare. my lot is huge 1/2 acre, and there is quite a distance to the fence, the lady behind me has claimed I am a nuisance. All my neighbors are behind me. This lady has on numerous times left notes in my mailbox, stood on something and yelled at us over the fence if we are doing something she does not like. I feel she is harassing me. Why move into a family neighborhood if you don't like kids. I am allowed an home business as long as it is not a nuisance. There are other daycares and hospice in the development. Can I fight her? If I can get my neighbors to sign an petition or letters, will that be enough? Can ONE person control so much? I will hire a lawyer if I need to, I don't want to stop my business. It was 8am when the kids were outside (4 kids), I have since kept them in till 9am or later.
Thank you
10/11/2013
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer

Hi, Dawn, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you,

I am sorry that you have such an obtuse neighbor. She has no right to harass you or to prevent you from conducting your business for which you have permission from the HOA Board to conduct. I am surprised that the Board has not done anything about her harassing behavior towards you. You can get a Petition signed by your other neighbors and you can also file a lawsuit in Small Claims Court, asking the Court to issue an injunction, enjoining her from continuing her harassing conduct towards you. Bringing an action in Small Claims Court will not cost you an legal fees, just the nominal Court filing fees because you do not need a lawyer in Small Claims Court. An injunction is a Court Order which, if violated, she can be held in Contempt of Court and be subjected to a fine and in certain extreme instances, even jail time,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer