Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

In 2007 my home was foreclosed. I had a mortgage loan to offer

In 2007 my home was foreclosed. I had a mortgage loan to offer in court and the Judge did not review the loan or consider it. As a result this decision caused me to loose my house. Upon further review I discovered my house sole for the approximate amount that I offered in court. Is this a case to pursue legal action?
[email protected]

Roger :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.

Roger :

The problem that you're going to face with this issue is the running of your ability to appeal the judge's ruling. Under Texas law, if the judgment entered in District Court, you must file your notice of appeal within 30 days after service of notice of entry of the judgment or order. NRAP 4(a)(1).

Roger :

There's an outside chance that you could seek to set aside a judgment for up to 1 year from the date of the judgment, but that's really difficult to achieve - - even if you were within the time period to do so.

Roger :

Unfortunately, since it has been 6 years since this occurred, your right to pursue a claim has likely expired under the above rules and the statute of limitations.

Roger :

I'm going to step away, but if you need something further, please let me know. Thanks!