How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2242
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is a quit claim deed valid if recorded with a notary and then

This answer was rated:

Is a quit claim deed valid if recorded with a notary and then given to the county recorder after? (Arizona)
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you today. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

A quit claim deed is valid if the grantor signs the deed and it is notarized by a licensed notary public. Technically a deed does not have to be recorded. However, if it is not then an issue will arise with chain of title so it should be recorded with the county recorder's office in the county in which the property is located as soon as possible after it is property executed.

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. If for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concern.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.

J. Warren and 6 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you