Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Is a quit claim deed valid if recorded with a notary and then

given to the county recorder...
Is a quit claim deed valid if recorded with a notary and then given to the county recorder after? (Arizona)
10/7/2013
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you today. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

A quit claim deed is valid if the grantor signs the deed and it is notarized by a licensed notary public. Technically a deed does not have to be recorded. However, if it is not then an issue will arise with chain of title so it should be recorded with the county recorder's office in the county in which the property is located as soon as possible after it is property executed.

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. If for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concern.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.

J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
J. Warren
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer