How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42880
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

3 years ago I purchased a house with a septic system, just

This answer was rated:

3 years ago I purchased a house with a septic system, just had a maintenance pump out and found that the septic tank, which is new and had to be replaced prior to my purchase was installed incorrectly. I am approaching my four year occupancy do I have recourse against installer, seller, town inspector?
The tank itself was installed to low allowing an incorrect flow of waste water to the leach [email protected]

Hi and welcome to JA. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.You have my sympathy here for your situation and dilemma.

You would have six years under Connecticut law to file a suit for breach of sales contract.Your argument would be that the seller, realtor, and inspector failed to disclose this to you and that it was a material failure to disclose this at time of sale.

Your lawyer would send out a shotgun demand letter to all the parties seeking compensation for your damages including legal fees.The realtor and inspector likely have errors and omissions type coverage and may well make you an offer to resolve it.You would then decide if you want to pursue a lawsuit against the others.

Make sure you gather all the information you can as far as repair costs and defects identified by the plumbers or others so the lawyer has this information.Again you would need to file suit here prior to six years.It appears you still have time to pursue this and hopefully resolve it without suit.

Reference to the Statute of Limitation here for breach of real estate sales contract.

I appreciate the chance to assist you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Here is ABA approved lawyer referral so that you can locate a real estate litigation lawyer and pursue this.I wish you the best here.

Thanka again for letting me help you today.
Ray and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "Ray" .

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please consider rating me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.