Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Hello,I am a tenant and signed a contract and placed funds

Hello, I am a tenant...

Hello, I am a tenant and signed a contract to buy this house and placed funds into escrow. I also proved to the seller that I have the down payment for the mortgage. I am disable with MS and this house is easy for me to get in and out. Can the seller still show the house if it is in escrow? and I provided proof of down payment?

9/24/2013
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you,

1. Does the Contract contain a clause saying that the saleis contingent on the buyer obtaining a mortgage loan ?

2. If so, does the contract say by what date the buyer must get a commitment from the lender ?

1. Yes. The sellers agent has a statement from the bank saying I can be approved for the mortgage.

2. The lender just received the documents. Now they can do the credit check and such. No.

do my answers help,

Hi, Linda, Thank you for your reply and your additional information, and yes, your answers help,

Since your down payment is in escrow and the lender indicated that there will not be a problem approving you for the loan, the seller's agent should have stopped showing the property. He should be preparing for the settlement, rather than continuing to show the property. In fact, once the prospective buyer's money is placed in escrow, even if the lender has not yet indicated any positive action on the buyer's loan application, the broker has no right to continue to show the property to anyone else.

Congratulations and I wish you a smooth settlement,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer