Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

Wells Fargo just processed a loan modification for my girlfriends

Wells Fargo just processed a loan modification for my girlfriend's ex-husband at their old property without her signature. She had to quit claim deed the house to him as a result of their divorce three years ago. The newly modified loan still has both of their names on it and she did not sign anything. How can this be legal to make changes to a loan without both party's consent?
Hi and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. I am happy to help.

The facts sound strange. Let me see if I have them right. Your girlfriend deeded a property to her ex-husband as part of a divorce settlement. Afterward, he received a loan modification without her signature.

If this is true, the only possible way is for the original loan agreement to state that either party (the ex-husband or your girlfriend) could obtain a loan modification separately, without the need for both signatures.

See if you can get a copy of the original loan documents to see what they say. Separately, it seems a bit strange that her name was not removed after the divorce since she gave him the property. See if the divorce decree ordered the removal of her name from the loan but it never was done.

If you need clarification, or want to clarify your question, or have a follow up question, please let me know.

Thank you,

Damien
Hi John,

I just want to thank you for giving me a positive rating and a bonus! I am here to help you in the future also. You can request me by name the next time and I will be notified. Also, you can bookmark my profile and ask me a question that way. Here is the link:

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-damien-bosco/

Either way, I am always happy to help.

Best Regards!

Damien Bosco