How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person has egress to a piece of property via private road

This answer was rated:

If a person has egress to a piece of property via private road that borders the property at a 90 degree angle, how much of that border must remain accessible to the grantee?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to help.
Kirk Adams : Is there a written easement?

yes there is

Kirk Adams : Ok. I assume it doesn't provide the width of the easement.

no it does not. It is a private road owned by me with egress to 4 properties mine included

Kirk Adams : Generally, as long as the road remains accessible , that's enough.
Kirk Adams : As long as the intended purpose for the easement is honored, you should be in compliance.


Kirk Adams : Sure.
Kirk Adams : Even if you fenced the road, you'd likely be ok if you provided a key to the easement owners.
Kirk Adams : *if you put a gate across the road - not fence.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

whats the difference between and an easement and right-of-way

Nothing - just different terms.
Roger and 4 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions