How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years extensive experience in real estate law, foreclosure, finance, and landlord tenant law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I rent a lot at a Camp Ground and have a mobile home (which

This answer was rated:

I rent a lot at a Camp Ground and have a mobile home (which I own) on it. Now that I am a widow and go there very seldom, I have allowed my younger son and his "live in" to move in with me. There is too much partying, guads motor cycles, etc and I am afraid of an accident and that I will be sued. Also dog potential problems (belong to my son). I have tried to put this unit in my sons name but he refuses to accept this. I just cannot sell it out from under him as he loves the place and uses it every week end. Other than giving my money to my older son (he is my financial advisor) to take care of me in my old age, I do not know what I can do. Any advise.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Sorry for your situation.

What are your thoughts about the situation? What do you think you want to do?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want my son to take entire responsibility for this place so that I cannot be sued. I will not be going there any more as there is too much drinking, big toys for potential accidents and the place is not the clean, neat place that my deceased husband and I kept.

You can't force him to accept the mobil home even if you gifted it to him.

In PA a "grantee" must execute a deed or title.

So, if he won't take the property over by gift then you have limited options:

1) to stop his use of the property and deny him access but keep ownership yourself,


2) sell the mobil home

In PA, even for you to give the property (mobil home) to him -

1) there must be a delivery of the property to him (a title is a symbolic delivery of property)

2) there must be donative intent (no problem - you want to give him the property)

3) and the donee (him) must accept the gift by signing as the transferee or new owner of the property on the title

So, you have little options - either say to him that you will either gift the property to him OR, he can't use it any more and you will have to sell it because you aren't going to use it yourself.

I am sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers, even when an answer is not favorable to the customer.
Law Pro and 2 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you