How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6715
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just received a citation in the mail for not having an occupancy

This answer was rated:

I just received a citation in the mail for not having an occupancy permit on one of my rental properties in AC, New Jersey. The items were fixed the first time the inspector came out but he returned to the incorrct unit. I was unaware of this as it was being handled by my RE agent. The citation says I need to appear in court but I will be out of the country on business. Can a lawyer appear for me or can they possibly change the court date?

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Yes, a lawyer can absolutely appear on your behalf and handle the citation or ask for a continuance. The attorney may be able to work this out before the court date as the wrong unit was inspected.

Attyadvisor and 2 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions