How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117367
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live on a private road (that is open to the public, anyone

This answer was rated:

We live on a private road (that is open to the public, anyone can drive on it, it's not a closed private road, just means that the township does NO maintaining, no plowing, etc) and our township refuses to get involved. A tree from the property owner across the street fell down into the road. Since they never drive on this portion of the road, they are refusing to clean it up. Isn't it their responsibility since the tree that fell is on their property?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I the tree is on he neighbor's property, then they are liable for removal of the tree from their property if it is obstructing the road. If the refuse to do so you need to sue them for the cost of removal of the tree and tell them "have fun paying for this lawsuit." The court would order them to remove any obstructions from the easement or right away if that is on their property.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.
Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.
Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.
Law Educator, Esq. and 5 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you