How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JBaxLaw Your Own Question
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 11396
Experience:  Experienced Real Estate Attorney! How may I help you?
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
JBaxLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I belong to a Master community in Minnesota. A master board

This answer was rated:

I belong to a Master community in Minnesota. A master board with three sub board associations. The Master board serves to support all common areas of the community. They are bullies. Can we as the townhome board sign our own contracts for lawn care and snow removal? We control our own budget and assessements.
[email protected]

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service. In order to shift the authority for contracting for services from the master board, the governing documents would need to be altered. You would need the master board to delegate this authority to a committee in each of the smaller boards, as one option to achieve your goal. If they are unwilling, you would need to lobby the other owners in the entire community to address this issue by removal of problem members of the board. You can speak at the next meeting of the board on the issue and speak with other owners informally.

Please take a moment to leave a positive service rating. I would appreciate it. I rely on these ratings to provide this information. Please follow-up as needed.

Thank you
JBaxLaw and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you