Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

revoke a mortgage

co signer of house mortgage...

co signer of house mortgage loan was coerced into signing without understanding details and not able to ask questions.  I want to revoke the loan and do I need a lawyer to meet with First National Bank, the mortgagor?

8/16/2013
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Hello and thank you for your question.

There is no question that in order for a contract to be valid the parties need to understand what they are signing.

When was the loan funded?

Around two months ago

This could be considered loan fraud on the part of his daughter. I don't know that the lender will take this seriously if you approach this without an attorney. I would hope they would. There is a lot involved here based on the daughter's involvement.

Where are you located in Nebraska? I can provide you with information on attorneys in your area.

are we still linked? been a long wait

We are still linked. I responded at 8/16/2013 at 4:02 PM (7 minutes and 14 seconds later)

Do you see the post?

yes but nothing about info on attorneys in Lincoln, Neb

Please accept my apologies, I did not see your response stating that you are in Lincoln Nebraska. The site seems to be having technical difficulties.

I will be back in a moment with information for you.

The site will not allow me to provide a specific attorney referral. This is a link for attorneys and firms in your area that provide this type of legal service, http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/banking-finance-law/lincoln/nebraska

Once you find a firm or attorney that you would like to contact you can check their credentials with the Nebraska State Bar Association at

http://www.nebar.com/

Martindale Hubbell is an excellent service that provides a wealth of information on attorneys and firms, including their ratings among their peers in the legal community. http://www.martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Peer_Review_Ratings.aspx

If the lender is involved with mortgage fraud you may also wish to file a complaint for an investigation with the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office at http://www.ago.ne.gov/complaint

Please feel free to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. If you are unhappy with the service provided please let me know. We want you to be satisfied with service you receive on the site.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Thank you very much. We appreciate your business.
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney