How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a situation. Mom died left house to my sister and me.

Customer Question

I have a situation. Mom died left house to my sister and me. We got a reverse mortgage for 346,000 on Bronxville houseXXXXX Bronxville NY 10708. couldn't sell house. rented it to a tenant who once they found out the house was in foreclosure stopped paying rent. Here are the facts.
1. house now worth approx. 450,000 by comp done by re-max and going up.
2. Bank, Wells Fargo only want their 346,000 and will pay all back taxes and expenses.
3. Foreclosure papers have been received but not in foreclosure yet.
4. A short sale is still possible.
5. Tenants have refused to leave and haven't paid rent, waiting for the foreclosure. Not fair
6 My sister and I do not want any money, just giving the house to a good person
7. Can you help, don't want to go through an eviction process too costly for us,retired.
8. I will send all papers to you. Someone will make 90,000 over night.
9. Tenants won't let anyone in to see the house. They say they have a short sale in progress, Not true we gave them their down payment back.
[email protected] is where you can reach me. I am at the library. Give house to someone who deserves it. Mom would turn over in her grave at what they people are trying to do.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am afraid that if you are seeking representation from us that you have misunderstood the nature of our service. I do apologize for any misunderstandings, but by the rules of this site we are forbidden from representing anyone from this site. For something like this you would need local representation.

You can ask for your deposit back from customer service at