How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years extensive experience in real estate law, foreclosure, finance, and landlord tenant law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to buy vacant land in putnam county, ny, and place

This answer was rated:

I would like to buy vacant land in putnam county, ny, and place a manufactured home on it. What kind of manufactured homes would be legal to place there?

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Do you know where in Putnam County - what local municipality - where you want to place you manufactured home?

Just to be sure too - by your stating "manufactured home" you are talking about a "mobil home" - correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello-I would pick carmel, mahopac, or patterson, ny. It would not necessarily be a mobile home, but was more likely to be a modular home, such as can be found at American Homes. However, I would certainly be interested in learning if a mobile home could also be legally placed on a lot

OK, for each of those locations you mentioned - there are mobile home parks therein.

So, most assuredly, mobile homes can be placed there.

However, if you want to go to some specific spot, buy land there and erect a manufactured home or place a mobile home - you need to go to the municipal building and talk to the building inspector and see if there are any restrictions for that property to do such.

Each municipality has their own zoning restrictions and then within that municipality there is what is termed "spot zoning" that allows for certain structures or limits certain structures or mandates that structures must be of a certain character and size. For example - some spot zoning requires that homes be over 3,000 square feet living area, other 2,000 square feet living area.

So, although I specifically found mobil home parks and found evidence of a manufactured home or modular home - those a placed where allowed pursuant to "spot zoning" of the municipality.

Law Pro and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you