How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 55595
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help . Im a first time homeowner, in two weeks of settling

This answer was rated:

I need help . I'm a first time homeowner, in two weeks of settling in
I receive a letter from the neighbor association , saying my house was
In violation. The front entrance of my house has aluminum siding when
It should be wood molding . The house was not suppose to be sold until the
Work was done. A fifteen hundred dollar estimates.I was told to go back to my realtor to get this taking care of . He say he didn't know that there was a neighborhood
Association and had no paper work saying it. Now he is not answering my calls . Why? The president of the Association told me to go to him because he and the seller should have known.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. You want to go after your seller for absolutely have recourse. The seller is obligated to disclose anything the seller knows or
should have known that a reasonable buyer would consider material in making the
decision whether or not to buy the property. This clearly qualifies as something the seller either knew or should have known and
that should have been disclosed. You should send
seller a certified, return receipt requested letter detailing the situation and demanding that seller pay for the cost of repair and/or remediation in
total within a short specified period of time. You will want to inform seller that if your demand is not timely complied with, you will have no choice but to file a suit against
seller for damages. You will want to make sure to specifically mention that you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as a deceptive trade
practice action, which will entitle you not only to actual damages, but also an
additional amount equal to multiple times that as punitive damages. That should
provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not,
file the suit.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Richard and 3 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My realtor lead to believe that is was a woman selling this house . Only to find out that it was The Maryland public of housing . HUD!!!!!. They were not there on the day I settle which was odd.not go after the realtor.? I believe he knew . Because he was pushing me to settle fast. All the repairs wasn't done yet and he wanted me to settle.kept saying she ready to settle and if I didn't I would lose my loan.Be never told me that it was The Maryland Dept of Housing.I didn't have that choice to decide. I'm MAD.!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for following up and clarifying the situation for me. Given these facts, you would have a claim against the realtor and the realtor's broker. Send the realtor the same type letter I referenced above and if the realtor doesn't pay you voluntarily, let the realtor know you will be filing deceptive trade practice and fraud actions against the realtor and the realtor's broker. Also let the realtor and broker know you will be filing a formal complaint against both the realtor and the broker.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm not good with this . Can I get your assistant on this ? I want to go after All of them . They are Big companies .I am very emotional person . Stress!!!!
Thanks for following up and I can understand your frustration. First, send the letter...addressed to all of, broker, seller, and HOA...setting forth what I have provided above. After you draft this letter, you can post it on here and I'll look at it for you. That may be all you need do to get resolution. If not, we'll go from there. Fair enough?
Richard and 3 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: