How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7310
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi! I have Mortgage with BOFA that i stop to pay over 5 years

This answer was rated:

I have Mortgage with BOFA that i stop to pay over 5 years ago.Last year on 06/12 the Judge set a Sale date and 1 week before i filed to chapter 7.Due to Automatic Stay sale was cancel and 2 moths later bank lawyer file a Motion to Withdraw.on 12/12 we receive from BOFA a loan Satisfaction Letter and by end of 01/13 we receive a letter from Nationstar Mortgage showing them as new loan beneficiary.
My question is: 2 days ago we receive a copy of "Motion to RescheduleForeclosure Sale" file on the name of BOFA. Since they aren't the beneficiary of the loan any more Nationstar should foreclosure on the house not BOFA i'm right?

If Bof A had a foreclosure sale set once, it means that they had a judgment entered. That judgment could be assigned to Nationstar who can have the sale re-set without starting the foreclosure over in its name. It can all be done in the name of Nationstar, as the "assignee of Bank of America." I don't know what the loan satisfaction letter means because I haven't seen it. If you wish to contest the Nationstar action at this point, then you should have a local foreclosure attorney review that letter, and the case as soon as possible.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.

Irwin Law and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions