Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

How do my neighbors and I set up an escrow account to deposit

How do my neighbors and I set up an escrow account to deposit our condo fees legally? We have an illegal board and we believe they have taken all of our money. No one can reach any of them as they are not returing our calls or holding meetings (in over a year). I don't want to send them any money until this is resovled, but want to do it legally. (We can't afford lawyers at this point.) Thank you.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, the only way to address this issue without risking being delinquent on the condo fees and subsequent lien and foreclosure, is to file a lawsuit against the condo board based on conversion and/ or breach of fiduciary duty (if those grounds apply in your case) and while the case is pending to deposit the condo maintenance fees into the court's registry, so the judge can later decide which party is entitled to the money.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Does a small claims action count? Can I sue them in small claims court? Thanks so much.