How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 36991
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Michigan do I have to pay property taxes if my house is

This answer was rated:

In Michigan do I have to pay property taxes if my house is in forcloser and I stay in the house during the six month redemption period?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
No, there would be no reason for you to do so if the house will be foreclosed on and sold. The taxes follow the property, not you personally so whoever buys the house at the foreclosure sale would have to pay them or they would be paid out of the proceeds of the sale.
So I would save my money.






If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.


I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Barrister and 4 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions