How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27594
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX deed of the house and the loan Is

This answer was rated:

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX deed of the house and the loan
Is in her name. Now we have broken up. She say I have to
Move out the house. Can she kick me out?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Is this women your wife or just a girlfriend? When the home was purchased, why was her name not placed on the deed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Girlfriend. Her credit was higher than mine at the time. She apply for the loan so we can get a better rate. I paid for the closing cost. An she put my name on deed just in any case. We never got married. But she has a boyfriend that come over when I'm a work . Can I stop him from coming in my house also?
Thank you for the additional information. Her being on the loan, only makes her liable to the lender, to pay the mortgage each month. It does not give her any legal interest in the home. Being on the deed/title does give that person(s) a legal right/interest. As such, if you are on the deed to the home, you have every legal right to stay there and she can not kick you out. If she wanted you out, she would have to go through the eviction process and show the court there is a legal basis for which you no longer have a right to stay. Seeing how you are on the deed, this may be hard to prove, when legally it is your home.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
RealEstateAnswer and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She moved my belonging and put them in storage. I call the police and they said I don't have any business in my own home cause I stayed at a friend house. She told them I moved out and abandon my home. Now she has her boyfriend moving in. The police said I cannot go to the house anymore under abandonment. That's NC law. They said I can't come and go whenever I feel like it. I told them that afraid to sleep there because she keeps beating me. She wants me to hit her back so she can have me arrested. She trying to set me up. That's why I'm afraid to sleep in the house. So I stay with my brother and friends. Feeling homeless and used.
I understand how hard this can be. Since your name is XXXXX XXXXX the title, you have a legal interest in the home. If she going to continue to pay the mortgage each month?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, she just told me to don't come back. She and her boyfriend are getting married. What can I do legally? I'm afraid to go home just to be arrested
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You replied
Wednesday, September 04, 2013 3:32 PM EST
Yes, she just told me to don't come back. She and her boyfriend are getting married. What can I do legally? I'm afraid to go home just to be arrested

At this point, you do have a legal right to your possessions, so you should ask her to allow you access to the storage unit, where they are. Moreover, you can proceed through the court and ask the Judge to order a forced sale/ partition of the home. Since you are on title, you have an ownership interest and unless the Judge is going to allow you to stay there and sign an order, you should either 1) ask her to buy you out or 2) ask the Judge to sell the property.