How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6889
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

quiet title suit

This answer was rated:

ijust got a summons for a quiet title suit against myself and my brother. it was a mobile home in a park that the taxes were not paid and it got sold at auction,  the property is in fla if I don't have the deed/title for the land and trailer what would be my next step. would my brother and I be entitled to any left over money and how would we go about that

Hello and thank you for your question.

Who is on the title to the land and the trailer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not sure if you got this. my dads name was on the title to the land and the trailer he passed away in 2006 and I was the executor(?sp) and my brother was also named on the will thank you

You would need to transfer the land and trailer from your father's name into the name of the beneficiary as the executor of the estate. Was the Will ever filed in probate court in the county where your father resided at the time of his death?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it had to go to probate to distribute the money from other policies

You can deed the property to the beneficiaries and they would be able to deed the title to the purchaser. Who are the beneficiaries?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my brother and i

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
has not gotten back to me after my last response
Sorry for the delay in my response the site is having technical issues.

Your next step will be to answer the complaint. You will need to transfer the property by using an executor's deed and transferring title to yourself and your brother. That will place your name on title and allow you to provide title pursuant to the quiet title action.

This is a link for a form of Executor’s Deed.|legfrm

Do you know how much the property sold for at auction?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no do you know how I could find says in the summons that the taxes were a little over 5,000.00 and paid. I did receive a letter from a properties claim co in new jersey that wants to represent me to get the overage monies before it goes to the state of fla. a number of approximately 17,000.00 was mentioned that it may have sold for. the land and trailer was assessed at 30,000.00 at one point

I am suspect of the property claims companies.

You can check yourself by contacting the county Treasurer. The county assessor would be able to give the assessed value at the time of the sale.

I can provide you with contact information if you can tell me the county.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Pinellas county fla

Pinellas County Property Appraiser’s Office

Database search

Pinellas County Tax Collector

If there is any overage the Tax Collector would be able to tell you how to collect.

You will want to advise the attorney for the quiet title action that you will be able to provide title. It would be best to hire an attorney if at all possible. If not you want to provide the title and dismiss the action.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be so kind as to rate my service I would be most appreciative.

Attyadvisor and 2 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you. Please feel free to come back to this question at any time with any follow up questions that you may have with regard to this matter.

Related Real Estate Law Questions