Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
20073497

We had put up a wooden "white" fence several years ago. Prior

We had put up a wooden "white" fence several years ago. Prior to that there was a chain link fence that was on the neighbors side. We put up our own posts on our side of the property and attached the wooden fence to our posts. This way we are not sharing anything. We also made sure to use clamps so we may remove the panels so we can paint the other side and not have to go to the neighbors house. Today we noticed that one of our panels was painted dark brown and only part of it. Do they have the right to paint our fence if it's 6 inches away from the property line?

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

I am sorry to hear about what your neighbors are doing and what they are telling you,

They are totally wrong. Your fence is totally on your land and the neighbors have no right to touch it, let alone paint it. It really is terrible to have neighbors like that, but I guess it takes all kinds of people. You should write to the neighbor telling them that the fence is entirely on your property and that they have no right to paint it, and that you will repaint it white (Or, whatever color it was) and you do not expect that they will make the same "mistake" again. In this way, you will have documented the first time that the tampered with your fence and you will also document that you put them on notice that it was your fence and that they did not have your permission to paint it, or do anything else to it. I'm afraid if they do this again, they will be testing how far they can push you and if this happens, they will leave you no alternative, but to file a lawsuit against them,

_______________________________________________________________________

If I have not Answered your question completely, please use the "Reply" button to let me know and I will be glad to explain further,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would it be wise to take pictures of the fence?

Hi, Margaret, Yes, it would be a good idea to take pictures of the fence and if you can locate the spikes on your side of the property which a surveyor puts in the ground, it would be a good idea to have them in the pictures also to show that the fence is completely on your property,

_____________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much Andrea. I feel so much better knowing that we do have rights as owners. I have gotten so many different feedbacks. I am glad that I happen to find this site.

If I have any other question on this matter, do I have to pay again?

You are very welcome, Margaret, I'm glad you found us also. We are the only website of its kind on the internet. The Terms of Service dictate how the site is used and states that a customer places a deposit and posts their question. They receive an Answer from one of the experts. If the customer does not understand something in the Answer, they can ask a follow up question for clarification at no additional charge. The customer then rates the service the expert gave the customer. If the customer has another question, it is considered a new question, even if it is on the same subject, they must place another deposit and post the question on a new question page. The customer can request the same expert by name, but it is considered a new question and I am sure you can understand why. For example, if someone asked a question on divorce, if all questions on his divorce were permitted on one question page, he could literally monopolize that expert for hours or even days, asking questions on the same subject, his divorce. But, no where on the internet, or anywhere else for that matter, can anyone get clear, correct Answers at these prices,

ANDREA