How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27214
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i file a quit claim deed for a timeshare that i own in

This answer was rated:

Can i file a quit claim deed for a timeshare that i own in Florida without the knowledge of the timeshare because they have refused to help me?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Who would you be giving your interest in the time share to? There has to be a party who is willing to accept it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would be turning it back over to the timeshare company.

Customer thank you for the additional information. A quit claim deed will only convey your legal interest in the subject property. It will not relieve or eliminate any financial obligation that you have, to pay the fees associated with the time share. Moreover, the deed needs to be signed, notarized and accepted by the parties, so their cooperation is needed. This is not something that can just be done without there knowledge, allowing you to walk away. If you stop paying the fees, they will foreclosure and take the property back. They would have to go through the foreclosure process and may sue you for any money owed. As such, you can try and find someone to buy it or use a third party to try and find a buyer but the company themselves will not likely get involved.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
RealEstateAnswer and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions