How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My property is in the country of Trinidad and Tobago. My tenant

This answer was rated:

My property is in the country of Trinidad and Tobago. My tenant is not under a lease and rents my house on a month to month basis. In August 2012 I served her a notice which stated that this lease will not be terminated on 30th June 2013. It also stated that if she needed more time to relocate she should of contacted me at least 3 months prior to July 1st 2013 by phone or sending a letter to my address with this request. She failed to do so but contacted me on June 10th and 30th with this request. I refused to grant her the extension as I told he the time for doing so had already elapsed but she is refusing to move. what is my legal recourse

Hi, Gail, and Welcome, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provided you with Excellent Service,



1. Up until what month has she paid the rent ?



2. Did the tenant pay you a security deposit ?



3. If so, how much did the tenant pay as a security deposit ?




Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The last rent she paid was for the month of June, the rent is $3000 Trinidad and Tobago dollars, she paid a deposit of $1500.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX your additional information,


Your recourse would be to file eviction proceedings to regain possession of your property. However, you might be wasting your time and money, if she really does move in July. That is why I asked you if you are holding a security deposit because if worse comes to worse, and she moves out in mid-July, you will have the rent for the half of the month of July. You stated that you will be going to Trinidad and Tobago in July. That might be just the incentive she needs to move out.


What I am saying is that you do have recourse, but you might be spending your money for nothing if she is vacating the property in July before you arrive. And, since we are only dealing in a matter of a few days, it would be better if you waited and if she is gone by the time you arrive, you will not have spent your money for nothing and you will still be holding $1,500 in your hand,





Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,


Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,




Andrea, Esq. and 3 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you