How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I brought our house in my name only due to my spouse credit

This answer was rated:

I brought our house in my name only due to my spouse credit score. I use my 401K that i had before marriage. My husband sign all rights over to me the interspousal deed paper. I want the house.Do i have to buy him out? what happens to the property.

Hello and Welcome, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,



If you bought the house with your 401k that you earned before your marriage, and your husband signed over any rights he had, then you do not have to buy your husband out. Since you can trace the money you used to buy the house to pre-marital funds, your husband cannot claim any rights to the house and you do not have to spend any buying him out, The house is 100% yours,




Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,


Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,





Andrea, Esq. and 6 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you