How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

going to buy house from friend and need to no where to go to

This answer was rated:

going to buy house from friend and need to no where to go to change name on deed ?
Thank you for your question.

When real property is transferred, the name on the existing deed is not changed. The prodecure is that the seller signs a new notarized deed granting the property to the buyer, and the new deed is then recorded with the County Clerk. If you need the address of the County Clerk, please tell me in which County the property is located and I will look that up for you.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and 6 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dallas County Texas

Thank you for the Excellent rating!

The County Clerk's office is at the
Records Building - 509 Main Street, 2nd Floor, Suite 200, Dallas, Texas 75202, see
for office hours and fee information.