How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6516
Experience:  Real Estate Attorney
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a home is part of trust, if one of the trustees has general

This answer was rated:

If a home is part of trust, if one of the trustees has general poer of attorney, does that negate the other trustees having to sign the trust...if the house were being sold?


Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.


A power of attorney document authorizes an agent to act for the person that made the power of attorney. It does not confer authority over trust property. Only a trustee can act on behalf of the trust, so the power of attorney document won't override the requirements outlined in the trust. If the trust requires that all or a majority of the trustees to make decisions regarding the trust and trust property, then all or a majority of the trustees must act.

Thomas McJD and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
You should be able to see your answer now. Please let me know if you need additional clarification or information. Thanks.