Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

ear we could nolonger parkwe are being told that we can not

park at the end of...
ear we could nolonger parkwe are being told that we can not park at the end of the right away were we have been parking for over 70 years. Our land is land locked and we had an handshake agreement to park were we do. The new owners of 15 years or so decided this year we cdould no longer park there. what is our rights?
6/23/2013
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: You can try to get your neighbor to sell or grant you access/easement. If your neighbor is unwilling to do this, then you would need to get the Court involved. You would need to file lawsuit to force your neighbor to grant you access to the property. If this access is necessary because you have a landlocked property, then this would be easement of necessity and you would also be ordered by the Court to pay something to your neighbor for this access. Also and more importantly, because you have used the access for over 70 years, the Court may declare that you have implied easement to the property.

You may retain a local real estate litigation Attorney to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local real estate litigation Attorneys:

http://www.lawyers.com

http://www.justia.com

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law